Contact Alice Dee about this job
Find a Job
Trade Finance Lawyer – 12 month contract
Our client, a leading global investment bank, is seeking to hire a Trade Finance Lawyer to join them on a 12 month contract based in London. The role will be responsible for providing legal support to the trade finance business and the Global Transaction Services within EMEA.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Providing advice regarding multi0-juridscictional trade finance transactions (i.e. approved payable/receivables financings and structure trade facilities
• Provided advice and preparation of transactional documentation relating to trade finance transaction including:
– Invoice discounting, approved payables finance (supply chain finance), receivables finance
– Pre- and post-export financing, including Export Credit Agency-backed loans
– Traditional trade import and export letters of credit, confirmation, discounting bills, etc.; guarantees, standby letters of credit, and related bilateral facilities and documentation
– Risk participations where the bank is either seller or buyer
– Electronic services, including for issuance of letters of credit and guarantees
• You will be required to work in conjunction with internal lawyers particularly the regulatory and credit team. You will also work closely with the litigation team to resolve disputes and litigation matters and regulated risk.
• Review and advise on publications for both internal and external use
• UK qualified Lawyer (or equivalent)
• Senior lawyer with extensive experience and detailed knowledge of cash and treasury management services or trade finance.
• In-house legal experience of trade finance within global financial institution
• Experience of dealing at senior management level
• Some experience with US regulation (e.g. Regulation W (Affiliate Transactions); OFAC) is helpful.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and client-service skills.
BRUIN recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ready to apply for this job?