10 Questions with Employee of the Month
Each month the whole company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
This month we’re sitting down for 10 quick fire questions with July’s winner Amaan Haji, who is studying Economics and Finance at University of Sussex, and is currently at BRUIN on an industrial placement year.
1. Which team and office do you work in? I work as a researcher in the Legal division in the London office
2. How would you describe your job to a 10 year old? Trying to match the right job to the right person
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you? I go to the same barbers as the comedian Lee Mack – does that count?
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 months. Employee of the month! BRUIN has already let me have so much exposure in the first 2 months of my placement. I would have not expected this when first entering the role!
5. If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be? I feel that I’m still very early in my days at FISER to start suggesting any changes! But if I had to the meeting rooms could be a tad warmer…
6. What advice would you give to a new joiner? If you are able to – try and hot desk once a week. Firstly you get to meet other colleagues within different teams who will be willing to help you as much as possible plus you are able to learn their different techniques of dealing with candidates/clients.
7. What’s your current favourite app? Uber/Uber Eats – both apps have been used way too many times for my liking!
8. What’s your favourite line from a film? “Hakuna Matata” – I have lost count the amount of times I’ve watch the Lion King during my 2 years at uni.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? Eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon.
10. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be? When I was younger I wanted to be a pilot. I used to love watching Airline (probably another guilty pleasure) and loved the fact one day you could be in the States and a few days later in Asia!