Contact Simeon about this job
Find a Job
|Sector||Credit & Risk Management|
We are currently recruiting an experienced Risk Manager to join the Investment Products & Strategies team of our global investment management client. This is a new role, and reflects the firms ongoing commitment to developing the appropriate infrastructure around the governance of mandates managed for clients falling under EU regulatory regimes, such as UCITS and AIFMD.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the firms investment strategies, and for overseeing and enhancing the infrastructure and controls required to ensure that they are managed in compliance with UCITS, AIFMD and other regulatory frameworks. You will engage externally to build knowledge of industry best practices, trends and changes to regulation. You will also work closely with a number of internal teams including Portfolio Management, Investment Science, the Funds Group and Relationship Management to ensure client expectations are met, as well as the firms contractual obligations. You will also engage in the product development process, to evaluate strategy suitability within UCITS and other frameworks.
Responsibilities will include:
* Assess the firms investment risk management policies and procedures, as they relate to mandates falling under EU regulatory regimes, such as UCITS and AIFMD;
* Ensure compliance with global exposure, leverage limits under EU regulation, in the firms role as Investment Manager;
* Review client IMAs, prospectuses, guidelines, RMPs and the like;
* Ensure that collateral management complies with UCITS requirements and client policies;
* Identify, escalate and resolve risk issues;
* Advise on asset eligibility questions;
* Engage in the product development process, and advise on suitability challenges;
* Interact with clients when investment risk issues and/or enquiries are raised;
* Build connections within the industry to assess marketplace and regulatory changes/developments;
Ready to apply for this job? Apply Now