Contact Alice about this job
Find a Job
|Type||Temporary / Interim|
Trade Finance Lawyer 12 month contract
Our client, a leading global investment bank, is seeking to hire a Trade Finance Lawyer to join them on a 12 month contract based in London. The role will be responsible for providing legal support to the trade finance business and the Global Transaction Services within EMEA.
Key Responsibilities include:
Providing advice regarding multi0-juridscictional trade finance transactions (i.e. approved payable/receivables financings and structure trade facilities
Provided advice and preparation of transactional documentation relating to trade finance transaction including:
- Invoice discounting, approved payables finance (supply chain finance), receivables finance
- Pre- and post-export financing, including Export Credit Agency-backed loans
- Traditional trade import and export letters of credit, confirmation, discounting bills, etc.; guarantees, standby letters of credit, and related bilateral facilities and documentation
- Risk participations where the bank is either seller or buyer
- Electronic services, including for issuance of letters of credit and guarantees
You will be required to work in conjunction with internal lawyers particularly the regulatory and credit team. You will also work closely with the litigation team to resolve disputes and litigation matters and regulated risk.
Review and advise on publications for both internal and external use
UK qualified Lawyer (or equivalent)
Senior lawyer with extensive experience and detailed knowledge of cash and treasury management services or trade finance.
In-house legal experience of trade finance within global financial institution
Experience of dealing at senior management level
Some experience with US regulation (e.g. Regulation W (Affiliate Transactions); OFAC) is helpful.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and client-service skills.
Ready to apply for this job? Apply Now