- Provide day-to-day support to the Public Policy and Corporate Responsibility, Legal team in respect of all aspects of Public Policy and Corporate Responsibility with specific focus on UK/EU regulatory relationship and divergence, and evolution of UK/ US and ‘rest of world’ regulatory frameworks; development of UK’s future regulatory framework; reviewing and advising on regulatory initiatives or reforms with potential for strategic impact on the Group (eg EU IHC, approaches to outsourcing, Operational Resilience, Climate Change & ESG
- Provide technical expertise on key pieces of the regulatory and legal framework, as it applies to the Group
- Demonstrate an ability to review and interpret new and emerging regulatory frameworks and their applicability to the Group
- Work alongside other internal stakeholders to develop and provide bank-wide input into trade association and related initiatives relating to Public Policy and Corporate Responsibility and any other associated issues.
- Lead and advise on legal and regulatory aspects of ad hoc strategic projects with reference to applicable laws and regulations, including impact of international regulatory frameworks and initiatives
- Proactively builds and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Helps to build a culture where learning, innovation and sharing of knowledge are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing team delivering upon a lengthy and complex programme of work supporting multiple workstreams.
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders such as regulatory and supervisory bodies, law firms, and counterparts at other institutions as well as through industry forums
- Represent the bank in relation to appropriate regulatory and supervisory bodies and industry associations.
- Provision of legal support to the Network Management team on CASS (Client Assets) associated legal work.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 26600 The Role : Assistant Corporate Secretary to board of Directors for the Investment Management firm in EMEA Act...
Ref: 26535 New Role: Sole Legal Counsel Fintech Brokerage & Investment City based Flex working Our client, a Fintech specialist...
Ref: 26493 Funds Legal Counsel with a Leading Global Asset Management firm Legal Counsel based in London, primarily responsible for matters...