Supplier Analyst – £35k + Bonus + Benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for a supplier Analyst to join a one of the UK leading independent consultants based in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company at its growth stage and really grow and develop within the role. This role offers Hybrid working and can be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
The primary purpose of the role will be to work with the existing Supplier Manager to assist with selecting, onboarding, and managing the suppliers we use across the firm. We use a wide range of suppliers who can range from printers to SaaS providers to IT consultancies.
A large element of the role will be concerned with supplier due diligence to ensure due diligence is appropriate and mitigates any risk to the firm (whether at onboarding stage or on an ongoing basis). The role will also involve consolidation of our existing supply base and ensuring supplier records are up to date.
In addition, the role will involve building strong relationships and working closely with a wide range of business owners including legal and IT, as well as supporting our Supplier Committee and Supplier Manager.
We would be happy for you to be based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office and we support a hybrid working approach (which includes working from home for part of your week and flexible start/end times subject to certain core business hours).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Supplier Manager and business with consolidating the existing supply base and promoting the use of existing suppliers to business owners;
- Supporting business owners with the selection (including tender support) and onboarding of any new suppliers (this includes where appropriate, constructively challenging new supplier selection and onboarding). This involves engaging with proposed suppliers, supporting with any internal governance approvals required and carrying out effective due diligence on suppliers to ensure that required standards are met- including around information security, data protection, corporate social responsibility (including anti modern slavery) and diversity and inclusion;
- Diligently inputting and maintaining supplier data records on our systems;
- Ongoing due diligence on existing supply base. This may include supporting with the audit of suppliers;
- Working with Supplier Manager to support business owners in relation to performance management/KPIs/incident management and exit;
- Producing relevant Management Information in relation to our supply base;
- Building and maintaining strong links and positive relationships with all business areas within the firm to promote, champion and help to deliver effective supplier management activities;
- Building positive relationships with key suppliers;
- Maintain policies, processes, templates, and guidance for the firm;
- Driving cost savings;
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice; and
- Delivering training where required.
To succeed in the role, you will be/have:
- Pro-active and pragmatic- with a focus on using your judgment and initiative;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Logical and organised with good attention to detail;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Confidence to challenge where appropriate;
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of different projects at the same time spanning different business areas.
- Experience of procurement process including supplier selection, onboarding, and due diligence;
- Experience of working effectively with business teams around supplier requirements;
- Experience of working with databases and IT systems such as SharePoint; and
- Experience in supplier management and dealing with a variety of third parties.
- Ability to negotiate key commercial terms and review and assess supplier contracts
- Knowledge of key/typical commercial contract terms across a range of different type of suppliers
This is a fantastic opportunity with long term career prospect.
If you think you have the skills required and would like to apply, please submit your CV or contact Chris Neal at Bruin Financial.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 31087 We are working with a highly regarded asset management firm seeking to grow their Insurance Investment Solutions business....
Ref: 31112 Bruin have the pleasure of recruiting for a global investment banking and financial services company who are looking...
Ref: 31086 Our client is seeking an individual with a growth mindset with experience in LDI management/consulting to join their...