Senior Investment Risk Manager
|0203 145 3379|
Our client is currently searching for a Senior Investment Risk Manager, to lead the Investment Team across Multi-Asset/Fund-of-Funds. Fantastic opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading Fund Managers, excellent team/working culture guaranteed, and competitive salary
The Investment Risk team, which is part of the 2nd Line Risk Function provides investment risk oversight across funds and Investment Office. The role will be focused on the Multi-Asset and Fund-of-Funds range of funds. Working closely with the various asset management businesses and other external managers, to structure multi-asset portfolios aligned with the investment objectives of the relevant client group.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgement, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Perform independent 2nd line oversight of portfolios and provide reassurance to senior management that funds are being managed in line with their objectives. Lead on analysis and engagement on a number of Multi-Asset funds and mandates, with reviews to include market risk, stress testing, liquidity and performance as appropriate.
- Carry out appropriate 2nd line oversight and challenge over proposals being submitted to PAC’s Executive Investment Committee (EIC), the Unit-Linked Meeting (ULM) and internal committees (e.g. Investment Boards, Assumptions Committee) by reviewing the associated papers, as well as contributing to drafting of risk opinions and participating to the meetings as required. Additionally, to perform Risk reviews on other pertinent areas in line with PAC’s CIO Investment Decision Making Matrix.
- To perform 2nd line deep dive reviews on investment risk-related matters in line with annual assurance plan.
- To provide investment risk input into wider business projects/deliverables as needed.
- To take responsibility for providing investment risk MI to Committees and Boards as required, ensuring coordination with other areas of the Investment Risk team.
- To carry out insightful analysis and deep dives on specific portfolios for discussion with fund managers across a range of products and investment strategies and participate in risk oversight meetings as required.
- To develop relationships with relevant stakeholders – including but not limited to Investment Risk & Performance, (e.g. Long-Term Investment Strategy, Manager Oversight, Portfolio Management team) and external fund managers.
- To engage with distribution (Product and Sales) by undertaking ad hoc risk analysis such as pre-launch modelling on new fund proposals and interact with Sales/Client Portfolio Management where required.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience in Investment Risk (across asset classes) or a closely related field is expected.
- Strong experience in insurance asset management matters (either from a 1st line or a 2nd line perspective) is preferred.
- Experience in mentoring others and working as a strong team player.
- Strong experience of working with Fund managers and Senior Managers in a collaborative manner, alongside a proven ability to challenge and provide constructive feedback as appropriate.
- Relevant degree and / or MSc in numerical or economics related degree such as Economics, Quantitative Investment Risk Management, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Physics
- CFA or working towards equivalent qualifications desirable
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Investment Risk Manager
Ref: 34094 .Investment Risk Manager sought by leading Asset Manager in their London office. Key Responsibilities Support the oversight of...
Operational Risk Manager
Ref: 34080 Fantastic opportunity in the Operational Risk sector, for a candidate looking to gain experience across the full Operational...
Junior Risk Analyst
Ref: 33858 A top Asset Manager are currently looking for a Junior Risk Analyst to join the Risk team based...