.A top tier Asset Manager are seeking a Credit Analyst to perform fundamental analysis to evaluate the creditworthiness of an issuer and assess the relative value of its debt.
The analytical work requires regular issuer contact, potential travel and working with/mentoring research associates who provide analytical data support. The successful candidate will also be expected to build close working relationships with their peers within the fixed income team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high conviction recommendations to portfolio, based on fundamental and quantitative credit analysis as well as relative value
- The coverage will focus on US investment grade and high yield bonds.
- The Credit Analyst will also update historical financial models, building out projections, maintain comparative company analysis, relay information from conference calls, industry conferences and discussions with management teams and develop investments theses and trade ideas.
- Undertake fundamental ESG ratings for all credits in collaboration with the ESG team
- Actively participate with Portfolio Managers (PM) and traders in strategy sessions that address credit trends, investment decisions and asset allocation
- Keep PMs and Traders updated on all news items related to companies within the invested universe
Experience and qualifications:
- Strong demonstrable, fundamental credit research skills, including analysis of business profile, customers, suppliers, competitive positioning, barriers to entry, market growth, ESG aspects, financial analysis (including review of financial statements, KPIs and downside modelling), cash flow generation and de-leveraging prospects
- In depth understanding of relative value analysis
- Previous experience of investing into the US credit market would be ideal
- Experience in coaching junior colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of VBA or another programming language – highly desirable
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed way in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of broader financial products, e.g., swaps, FX, equities (an advantage)
- Degree or equivalent experience and ideally CFA Charter holder
- Circa of 5 years of relevant experience, including minimum of three years of direct experience as a corporate research or credit analyst
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 31488 Leading Commercial Bank seeking a Head of Credit to lead their Financial Sponsors sector in London, managing a...
Ref: 31434 The Fixed Income Investment Risk Team is seeking a risk analyst to aid with analysing, portfolios using statistical...
Ref: 31081 .A top tier Asset Manager are seeking a Credit Analyst to perform fundamental analysis to evaluate the creditworthiness...