Job Title: Senior Accountant
Our client is a global investment management company looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Luxembourg office. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for general accounting (preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and general ledger reconciliations) and for reporting of assigned funds and their subsidiaries as well as for the oversight of property manager reporting
- Ensure that the book and records of Luxembourg holding, and property companies are adequately maintained by the in-house accountants or local service providers.
- Review reporting packages prepared by the service providers and property managers across EMEA
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met (timely preparation of quarterly management reports and year end close); Assist with implementing and monitoring internal financial controls and procedures
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Assist the RE Controller with the monthly/quarterly consolidation and NAV calculation by preparing advanced supportive documentation with in-depth analysis and commentary.
- As appropriate, take the lead on special mandates for all accounting related matters, including preparation of full consolidation.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time, including various ad hoc projects
- Previous experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control across a group of companies
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience preferably gained within the real estate sector
- Sound and up to date knowledge of Lux GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of auditing and practices and principles
- Knowledge of local corporate and VAT taxation requirements
- IFRS consolidation is a plus
- Fluent in English and German or French
- Strong communication skills
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work
- Possess strong analytical and presentation skills
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- University degree Accounting or equivalent
- Exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Yardi (real estate accounting software)
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 31099 An exciting opportunity has arisen with a global consulting firm to join their Finance Transformation team as an...
Ref: 31124 A unique opportunity has arisen within Product Control for a global Investment Bank in London. Our client is...
Ref: 30164 Are you looking to step into the financial services industry? Our Client, a London based Investment Fund, are...