Securitisation & Structured Finance Lawyer 12 month Contract
|0203 145 3339|
A leading Global Investment Management firm is seeking a senior specialist securitisation and structured finance lawyer for a 12 month contract to assist the Secured Finance Investment Desk
- Working with the Secured Finance Investment Desk on a wide range of ABS , CLO, RMBS, CMBS, Trade Receivables and other areas including supply chain finance
- Primarily in Private Placed Notes
- Advise on & review term sheets referring to new securitisation deals
- Structuring, review and negotiation of transaction documents (including the security package) on a variety of UK and cross border or multi-jurisdictional structured finance asset classes and note formats (e.g.: variable funding notes).
- Evaluate legal risk, communicate such risk to the Secured Finance investment desk and to the extent required, ensuring such risk is sufficiently mitigated in the transaction documents.
- Liaising with and instructing external counsel and advisors in multiple jurisdictions, as required.
- Coordinate and supervise legal work performed by external counsel including responsibility for internal legal sign-off on transaction documents.
- Overseeing transaction closings from the legal perspective.
- Supporting the investment desk with legal queries arising in connection with existing investments and potential new transactions.
- Providing legal assistance on all elements of a transaction’s lifecycle (e.g. amendments, waivers, restructurings, etc.) with respect to current investments.
- Assuming responsibility for the firm’s & the firm’s clients’ EU and UK Securitisation Regulation compliance, including legal sign-off prior to the purchase of any securitisation positions in both the public and private markets, keeping abreast of any EU and UK Securitisation Regulation changes or interpretive guidance, and responding promptly to ensure securitisation positions remain complaint.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and liaising with the appropriate internal stakeholders (risk, compliance, etc…) to ensure transaction-related legal advice is compliant with all internal requirements.
- Qualified Legal Counsel minimum of 8 + years PQE in Structured Finance / Securitisation either from Private Practice or in-house
- Currently residing in the UK
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Paralegal - Funds
Ref: 34886 Paralegal - Funds Location: London Role: Permanent/ Full-time Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits WFH: Hybrid working...
Assistant Company Secretary
Ref: 32894 Assistant Company Secretary Role: Permanent Full-Time Location: London Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits WFH: Flexible/ hybrid...
Commercial Legal Counsel
Ref: 34738 Commercial Legal Counsel - Insurance Location: London Role: Permanent/ Full-time Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits WFH:...