Risk Management AVP
Our client is a world leading alternative investment asset manager. Their investment vehicles include but are not limited to private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, non-investment grade credit, and real assets, all on a global basis. The AVP will be an integral member of our client’s Risk team by ensuring effective risk assessment, oversight, and comprehensive reports to governing bodies. You will be expected to review deliverables to ensure best-in-class materials.
Support in the AIFs, SMAs and AIFM risk management duties and tasks, including:
- Assisting in the drafting of risk management procedures and policies, and risk profiles
- Assisting in the review of AIFs’ offering documents from a risk management perspective
- Working with our client’s Associates/Analysts on risk management monitoring and reporting
- Working with our client’s Associates/Analysts and local teams on the post trade investment compliance monitoring process and reporting
- Liaising with our client’s teams to collect relevant documents, reporting and data to support the risk management function
- Assisting in the deal review process
- Assisting in preparing risk management related presentations to the management committee and Boards with regards to AIFs managed by our client’s Risk division
- Coordinating with both internal and external teams to deliver accurate, timely and robust risk analyses
- Overseeing the completion of risk reports and related analyses and provide effective support on complex matters
- Overseeing the AIFs' pre-closing asset ownership verification process
- Supporting the annual due diligence process over internal and external providers (depositary banks, IT, etc.)
Oversight of Depositary Banks
- Initial and periodic due diligence on Depositary Banks appointed by the AIFs
- Oversight of Depositary Banks activities including safekeeping, recordkeeping, ownership verification of assets, cash flow monitoring and other oversight duties.
- Coordinating with both internal and external teams on regulatory reporting and review the accuracy and completeness of provided information (AIFMD Annex IV, AIFMD annual reports, CSSF CRE, etc.)
- Overseeing the quality of service received from external service providers, keep track of and follow-up on incidents and implement KPIs
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in the investment fund industry with a strong focus on alternative investments and/or risk management
- Broad understanding of the different alternative asset classes and instruments
- Knowledge of European and/or local requirements in relation to AIFs and risk management
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional collaborations
- Fluent in English, both written and oral, and any other language will be considered as an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with resourceful mindset and efficiency-driven
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments and strong time management skills
- Great attention to details and accountability for delivery, highly organized
- Ability to act autonomously and know when to escalate matters when appropriate
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 29182 Our client, a wealth management firm, is looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join their Portfolio Risk...
Ref: 29146 International Bank seeking a Development Finance Underwriter to join their Credit team in London. Key Responsibilities ·...
Ref: 29144 Global Asset Manager seeking a Risk Oversight Analyst (Technology, Cyber, Resilience) to join their London office. Key...