Our client is a world leading alternative investment asset manager. Their investment vehicles include but are not limited to private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, non-investment grade credit, and real assets, all on a global basis.
Our client is seeking an Assistant Vice President (AVP) or Director for European Fund Management Risk Management team focused mostly on liquid funds deploying Hedge Fund and Fund of Funds strategies. Our client’s European Fund Management Risk is responsible for developing and employing adequate and effective risk management processes to monitor, assess and manage risks that may have an adverse impact on our client’s European Fund Management and its AIFs and SMAs. Our client’s European Fund Management Risk is also responsible for regulatory reporting, oversight of the Depositaries and IT compliance.
- Assist in the drafting of risk management procedures and policies, and risk profiles
- Assist in the review of AIFs’ offering documents from a risk management perspective
- Working with our client’s European Fund Management Associates/Analysts on risk management monitoring and reporting
- Working with our client’s European Fund Management Associates/Analysts and local teams on the post trade investment compliance monitoring process and reporting
- Liaise with our client’s teams to collect relevant support documents and data to support the risk management function
- Assist in the market and liquidity stress testing programs
- Assist in preparing risk management related presentations to the management committee and Boards with regards to AIFs managed by our client’s European Fund Management
- Coordinate with both internal and external teams to deliver accurate, timely and robust risk analyses
- Oversee the completion of risk reports and related analyses and provide effective support on complex matters
- Support the annual due diligence process over internal and external providers (depositary banks, IT, etc.)
- University degree in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in the investment fund industry with a strong focus on risk management and/or UCIs deploying Hedge Fund/Fund of Funds strategies
- Technical knowledge on VaR (including backtesting), liquidity models and counterparty risk
- Good understanding of OTC derivative instruments and Securities Financing Transactions (“SFTs”)
- Knowledge of European and/or local requirements in relation to AIFs and risk management
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional collaborations
- Fluent in English, both written and oral, and any other language will be considered as an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with resourceful mindset and efficiency-driven
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments and strong time management skills
- Great attention to details and accountability for delivery, highly organized
- Ability to act autonomously and know when to escalate matters when appropriate
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 29182 Our client, a wealth management firm, is looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join their Portfolio Risk...
Ref: 29146 International Bank seeking a Development Finance Underwriter to join their Credit team in London. Key Responsibilities ·...
Ref: 29144 Global Asset Manager seeking a Risk Oversight Analyst (Technology, Cyber, Resilience) to join their London office. Key...