Leading Wealth Manager seeking a 1st Line Operational Risk Manager to join their London office and manage a team of 3.
- Manage a team of three as part of the wider Front Office Risk Management Team, responsible for ensuring operating agreements are consistently met and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure the smooth operations of all day-to-day activities pertaining to the operating events team.
- Monitor and report on SLA delivery results to the Head of 1LOD Operational Risk on a weekly and monthly basis, acting to proactively address issues when they occur.
- Support consistent operating event SLA MI reporting to senior management that is of a high standard and submitted by deadlines.
- Conduct, and/or oversee, monthly operating event Quality Assurance evaluations and one on ones.
- Prepare, facilitate, and communicate training; as required, for operating event processes and/or changes to existing processes.
- Proactively identify areas requiring improvement, determine requirements for operating event process changes and work with the applicable stakeholders on approvals and delivery.
- Provide support to the client facing team as required in the day-to-day operation of the Operational Risk Management Framework in respect of operating events.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Degree educated. Relevant Risk qualifications ideal.
- 5 years+ experience of Operational Risk and up to three years relevant Financial Services experience
- Proven team management track record
- Demonstrable experience in operating internal controls together with the management of operational risk within a Financial Services environment.
- Demonstrates good technical understanding of regulations and business processes and procedures relevant for a Front Office role.
- Communicates professionally with stakeholders and builds strong ongoing internal relationships across different levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated and capable of operating alone and as part of a team.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with excellent written and oral communication abilities.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 31488 Leading Commercial Bank seeking a Head of Credit to lead their Financial Sponsors sector in London, managing a...
Ref: 31434 The Fixed Income Investment Risk Team is seeking a risk analyst to aid with analysing, portfolios using statistical...
Ref: 31081 .A top tier Asset Manager are seeking a Credit Analyst to perform fundamental analysis to evaluate the creditworthiness...