Job title: Management Accounts Assistant
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Closing date: 12th December 2021
Location: Nether Alderley
The company is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, the company has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes the company a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of the company culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to bring onboard a Management Accounts Assistant to join the company on a fixed term contract in Wilmslow.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the financial management and integrity of Costs, both BAU and Change. To ensure fit for purpose month end reporting of costs and to assist with the delivery of improvements in the quality of group wide accounting reporting and to improve cost reporting quality across the group.
- Calculating and inputting of monthly financial result for both BAU and Project spend.
- Interacting with stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Adhering to financial controls.
- Numerate, with required business and technical knowledge developed through formal training or work experience, including business products, customers and functions, and may be training for further qualifications.
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Good relationship management skills with finance and non-finance colleagues
- Studying towards or reaching the end of AAT studies or equivalent.
- Strong Excel skills: comfortable with key formulas and pivot tables and can use these skills to improve spreadsheet documents.
- Experience using financial systems (e.g., Oracle, General Ledger, Fusion).
- Previous experience of cost accounting is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of working with senior managers in non-finance roles.
- Experience working in a professional services environment would be advantageous.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27751 Title: Bank of England Reporting - Contract Location: London An international Investment Bank are looking for a Qualified...
Ref: 27793 Treasury Analyst London A leading international bank are looking for Treasury Analyst to join their Global Liquidity...
Ref: 27875 A superb opportunity has become available working for our client in Edinburgh as a Financial Accountant, offering a...