Line of Business Controller – Fixed Income – Contract – London – 119552-1
A top multinational banking client are looking for a Line of Business Controller for Fixed Income business to ensure that the end to end financial control framework supports the production of an IFRS compliant balance sheet and income statement for assigned lines of business, and is maintained in accordance with the firm’s global and regional governance.
The Successful candidate will partner with Product Control and Operations
- To work closely with the Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) trading desk, Product Control and Operations to ensure appropriate controls and reconciliations are in place.
- Coordinating quarterly risk control self assessments to evaluate end to end controls within assigned lines of business and production of Risk Dashboard control environment pack
- Coordinate successful month end close for assigned lines of business including analytical review of business specific Revenue and Balance Sheet lines with variance commentaries for review by Senior Stakeholders.
- Prepare month end account and intersystems reconciliations for key products and Prepare monthly ledger accounts Attestation summaries for accounts under ownership
- Monitor balances in key control accounts, suspense, illogical spot and average Balance Sheet, Revenue misallocation.
- Review and arrange intergroup transfer pricing ledger postings, reconciliations and settlements. Investigate and clear intergroup breaks.
- Coordinate preparation of monthly and quarterly Head Office returns, financial statements, regulatory and statutory disclosures impacting the business.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and Assist with interim and year end internal, external and SOX audit queries as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be a Qualified Chartered Accountant, holding an ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Will hold an undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in quantitative fields.
- Will have a solid knowledge of the accounting treatment of investment banking products.
- Solid understanding of the control framework.
- Strong PC skills, and in particular advanced Excel is essential.
For more information on this role or to discuss other opportunities in financial services please contact Jacob Merrick (Jacob Merrick@bruinfinancial.com)
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27370 Portfolio Accountant – Job Spec The Role Portfolio Accountant – full time role. Main Purpose To assist with...
Ref: 27317 Title: Operational Risk Manager Location: London A well respected international banking client are looking for a Operational...
Ref: 27345 A well respected international banking client are looking for a financial Consultant to join their existing London...