Legal Services Manager
Role: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
WFH: Flexible/ hybrid working policy
Reports To: Head of Legal
Direct Reports: 8
A fantastic new role within a leading Asset Manager. The position of Legal Service Manager is based in the non-contentious property transactions team, managing up to 10 direct reports of Paralegals and Analysts. The purpose of the role is to manage the efficient delivery of high-volume standardised legal transactions. The ideal person will have a proven track record of maintaining a motivated and positive environment through effective leadership.
- Managing, supervising, and appropriately allocating incoming work to a team of 8, ensuring that cases are progressed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Setting targets for the delivery and completion of transactions by the team.
- Responsible for meeting targets set by the business and preparing reports to the business, developing reporting methods as required.
- Supporting team members with non-standard queries, calls, and internal and external requests, escalating any issues to senior management.
- Serving as a point of contact for delivery of volume legal services between team members and senior operational team members and senior management
- Ensuring the team is working efficiently with matters in line with the company’s objectives.
- Dealing with day-to-day team management such as attendance and any disciplinary issues in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Performing appropriate team members’ appraisals and probationary reviews.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the standardised legal transactions process and improving processes, in liaison with senior team members, on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support and assistance to senior team members as necessary.
- Liaising with external solicitors as required.
- Assisting with implementing and rolling out new processes because of business or legislative requirements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in residential conveyancing and non-contentious property work.
- Previous leadership experience in managing a team.
- An enthusiastic person who enjoys mentoring, and motivating a team.
- Excellent communicator, and a creative thinker.
- A solid understanding of conveyancing procedures and relevant property law and the ability to understand and explain legal technicalities and processes.
- Ability to work meticulously and accurately within a professional code of conduct.
- Ability to work under pressure, to have good organisational skills and to meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving, exercising good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Legally trained or legal background in property law.
- Previous experience in managing a legal team or supervising Paralegals.
- Experience of enfranchisement preferred but not essential.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 32989 VP Private Banking Credit Legal Counsel A member of the Consumer Banking Consumer Banking and Payments’ Legal Team...
Ref: 32943 AVP GCS Prime Services and Prime Derivatives Services (PDS) Negotiator based in Glasgow with Hybrid working GCS is...
Ref: 32932 AVP GCS Prime Services and Prime Derivatives Services (PDS) Negotiator based in Glasgow with Hybrid working GCS is...