Legal Counsel Secured & Regulated Lending – Leading UK Banking Group
Legal Counsel supporting the Bank's regulated secured lending businesses:
- Regulated and buy to let mortgage and secured overdraft products,
- Secured lending and mortgage backed transactions including securitisations, regulated mortgage advice,
- Design and build of the bank's online and mobile execution only and advised platforms.
- Support the banking products, and wider lending and payments teams.
- Drafting and negotiating contractual arrangements including client facing terms (which can range from developing clear and concise client friendly documentation for retail clients to customised documentation for bespoke solutions);
- Acting as a trusted advisor and delivering expert legal advice in relation to the laws and regulations governing consumer banking and payments products and services and, in particular, regulated mortgage and buy to let products and services, with a particular focus on those applicable to the UK retail and private banking segments. This will include advice pertaining to launching, changing, remediating, delivering, marketing, servicing and recovering in respect of mortgage products;
- Providing appropriate risk based advice to help the business respond to change and influence strategy and supporting the implementation of ongoing regulatory change as it impacts the regulated mortgage businesses across the group;
- UK or equivalent qualified legal counsel
Experience across some of the areas below:
- Law relating to mortgages and MCOB regulation
- Payment Services law
- Consumer protection law
- FCA policy and regulation of financial services
- Financial services/retail banking/business banking/non-regulated lending and cross-border experience
- Flexible working approach on offer
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27871 A leading Global Investment Bank is seeking an M&A Advisory legal counsel at VP level Advising and supporting...
Ref: 27697 Assistant Company Secretary - Dublin - Leading Global Banking Group Assistant Company Secretary to join a growing...
Ref: 27680 Legal Counsel Secured & Regulated Lending - Leading UK Banking Group Legal Counsel supporting the Bank's regulated secured...