Legal Counsel – Private Bank
Join an existing legal team to provide legal advice and support to the PB business.
Specific focus on banking products including cards, payments & projects
• Proactively identify and advise on legal and regulatory risks as they relate to the PB business in the UK & Crown Dependencies
• Escalating legal and regulatory risks as necessary, and assisting with recommending and implementing solutions
• Providing day-to-day support to the PB business including in relation to client queries, the launch of new products and services, the expansion of existing products and services
• Supporting with new legislation and regulatory requirements in the UK & Crown Dependencies, and other PB global booking centres • Assisting the PB business with embedding its post-Brexit operating model in Ireland
• Supporting with cross border queries in relation to the UK & Crown Dependencies booking centres and other PB global booking centres
• You will draft, review and negotiate client and third party documentation as required
• Solicitor or barrister qualified in the UK or equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction, with experience of working in a top law firm and/or in-house financial services experience
• Broad knowledge of regulations impacting the provision of investment products and services in the UK to both institutional and retail clients
• Quality product, technical, legal and other risk awareness skills and an ability to work across a broad set of products and services
• Willingness to broaden product and services knowledge
Other useful experience: Experience in payments, payments regulation (EU and UK) and banking products (including cards)
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27378 Commercial Legal Counsel 12 months Contract Investment Management The role: Based in the Corporate & Commercial team: Set...
Ref: 27380 Legal Counsel for a Leading Global Insurance Firm Primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract terms and...
Ref: 27332 Legal Counsel Investment Management – Capital Markets: ECM, DCM & ESG A unique opportunity to join a leading...