Commercial Legal Counsel- Investment Management- 6 months FTC
The primary focus of this role will be reviewing and negotiating a range of contracts and other documents, such as supplier contracts, IT contracts, IMAs and client related documentation, trading related documentation and NDAs.
In addition, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for dealing with ad hoc legal questions as they arise across the business.
The role includes a strong business-facing component with interaction with all areas of the business, including investment managers, client teams, compliance and senior management.
Duty 1: Review, draft and negotiate contractual documentation (such as supplier agreements, IT contracts, NDAs, etc.) for the Sarasin UK group companies, in conjunction with external lawyers (as required).
Duty 2: Assist with general ad hoc legal enquiries from across the business, supported by the Team as appropriate.
Duty 3: Research, draft and maintain memoranda and policy documents for key legislative and regulatory issues affecting the business and funds and assist with implementation where appropriate.
Duty 4: Experience of reviewing, drafting and updating fund related documents (such as IFA/Intermediary documentation, TOBs, distribution agreements, platform agreements, etc.), an advantage.
Required Job Skills
• Qualified Legal Counsel In-house or Private Practice experience
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, legal drafting, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organised, excellent administrative skills with the ability to work to deadlines and to prioritise conflicting objectives. Self-starter who manages own projects as appropriate without large amounts of supervision and can manage business and internal client expectation.
• Ability to liaise with other departments with willingness to help others and share information and knowledge to help deliver a joint outcome.
• Takes responsibility for personal and professional ethics, understanding of reputational risk and the regulatory framework, prepared to seek advice where appropriate • Able to deal appropriately with confidential information. KPI’s
• Act in the spirits of the firm’s Core values and Code of business conduct and promote where possible within working practices.
• Good level of technical skill.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all legal agreements.
• Managing and mitigating the firm’s legal risk and exposure.
• Document workflow management and file maintenance.
• Building professional rapport with colleagues, lawyers and clients.
Ref: 24938 One of the world's leading insurance brokers and M&A firms are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager…
Ref: 24921 A global asset management firm is looking for a Marketing Manager who will be based in either London…
Ref: 24780 We are currently seeking candidates with Asset Management experience within the Alternatives sector to join a leading Investment…