The role: Legal Analyst based in the Luxembourg Legal Team of a Global Investment Management Firm. Working closely with Legal Counsel based in Luxembourg and London, providing support in relation to fund, separate account, registration and other matters. The role covers a wide variety of predominantly asset management assignments focused on EMEA and LATAM.
- Maintains contract databases and tracking documents. Serves as the first point of contact for queries on contract negotiation status.
- Maintains internal agreement templates such as NDAs, purchase and distribution agreements.
- Ensures that continuing registration and corporate obligations are tracked and met. The incumbent will need to become familiar with requirements in Luxembourg (CSSF), the UK (FCA), and Switzerland (FINMA), amongst others. Works closely with other business groups, London Compliance, outside counsel and regulators in this regard.
- Provides legal support in respect of the firm’s Luxembourg and UK fund ranges, including reviewing periodic fund reports and maintaining legal procedures relating to the funds. Over time, will have responsibility for initial preparation and review of NDAs and straightforward distribution and purchase agreements. Coordinates correspondence relating to such agreements and assists with completions. Researches regulatory requirements and legal issues relevant to the funds. Assists with fund board meetings, prospectus revisions and regulatory filings for the funds.
- Participates in project groups, e.g. relating to process improvements or dealing with impact of regulatory developments.
- Assists with the establishment of new offices throughout the region, including preparation of director documentation (such as resumes and identification documentation). Assists with implementation of any changes affecting those offices. Maintains manual recording corporate information relevant to the firm and its branches.
- Provides legal support in relation to separate account activities, including initial preparation, review of client contracts, requests for proposals, guidelines and amendments. Researches regulatory requirements and legal issues in connection with client agreements.
- Assists with the administrative side of client onboarding, including the population of internal record keeping systems.
- Prepares contracts documenting internal relationships between entities, including services, secondment, delegation and transfer pricing agreements.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to undergraduate degree level in law or equivalent (such as a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Law).
- Advantageous to have 1 year’s work experience in the asset management industry or an industry with relevant transferrable skills.
- Demonstrable related work experience or vocational qualification.
- Ability to identify potential legal issues.
- Ability to establish project plans with timelines and be accountable for results.
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Proficiency in English, any other additional language will be considered as an advantage
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong technical abilities in identifying, researching and resolving problems.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to take instructions from legal counsels or other parties day-to-day and manage/prioritise their own workloadThe role will be supervised to an extent but the candidate must be able to work independently
Ref: 24938 One of the world's leading insurance brokers and M&A firms are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager…
Ref: 24921 A global asset management firm is looking for a Marketing Manager who will be based in either London…
Ref: 24780 We are currently seeking candidates with Asset Management experience within the Alternatives sector to join a leading Investment…