Our client is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Our client is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, their mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future.
Overview of the Role
- The Risk Associate will join the risk team within our client's Luxembourg AIFM, Alternatives Europe. This person will report to the Risk Conducting Officer and will contribute to the investment and operational risk oversight of different alternative investment capabilities. Under the supervision of the Risk Conducting Officer, you will support in the implementation of our client's risk framework covering among others market, liquidity, counterparty credit and operational risks.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Support in the design and implementation of our client's investment risk framework for new alternative investment capabilities.
- Collect and analyse data from different part of the business, ensure their completeness and consistency.
- Support in building repeatable processes for risk reporting purpose. ? Support in the production of the quarterly risk reports to our client's Board and fund Boards.
- Contribute to the update of the risk team Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to the preparation of regulatory risk reports.
- Get involved in the implementation of ex-ante investment risk controls prior investment decisions.
- Support in risk assessments for new funds or investment strategies.
- Ensure ongoing consistency between fund risk profiles and limits set.
- Escalate risk issues or concerns to the Risk Conducting Officer, and to the business when required.
- Participate in meetings with fund managers and prepare minutes.
- Monitor and track operational incidents and issues relating to funds managed by our client, ensure remediation plans are in place and proper escalation processes are implemented.
- Collect, monitor and analyse a set of operational risk metrics.
- Support in the preparation of our client's Risk Appetite Statement.
- Build sustainable relationships with regional investment and operational risk teams, fund management and product teams and across the business more broadly.
- Facilitate the embedding of a culture of risk management by actively cultivating and maintaining key relationships, providing support on risk management issues.
- Contribute to the maintenance of our client's Business Continuity management framework and procedures, including scenario development and testing.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks to support daily risk activities as requested (e.g. internal or external audit requests, due diligences from service providers…).
Experience and technical skills required:
- 3-5 years’ experience in risk management within an AIFM or Management Company in Luxembourg.
- Exposure to real estate, private equity, private credit, infrastructure, farmland, timber or fixed income is an asset.
- Knowledge of investment risk metrics under AIFMD is desirable.
- Ability to manipulate and reconcile a large set of data.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of any other European language is an advantage. ? Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills.
- Experience with Bloomberg is an asset.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Economics or similar field.
- Additional competencies required:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Team player.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- Ability to understand quickly
- CSSF registration required: No
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27877 We are working with a prestigious Asset Manager who continue to organically grow in New York. As the...
Ref: 27872 Leading Development Bank seeking a Senior Enterprise Risk Manager to join their London office. Key responsibilities • Provide...
Ref: 27846 The team is the frontline resource responding to operational incidents affecting the firm’s sponsoring and advisory activities globally....