International Tax Manager – Luxembourg
Our client is an American publicly owned global investment management firm that offers funds, advisory services, account management, and retirement plans and services for individuals, institutions, and financial intermediaries. They are seeking a International Tax Manager to join their Luxembourgish entity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for tax compliance and analysis, primarily supporting the Investment Tax International Senior Tax Manager, as well as International Tax Counsel and other members of the Investment Tax team as necessary. You will be responsible for all required tax compliance and filings and monitoring the cross-border taxation and tax compliance of global investments in sponsored products that are domiciled in several jurisdictions. You will coordinate, oversee, supervise, review all required global tax filings, treaty documentation, and tax registrations, and acts as a tax liaison for critical investment operations functions that rely on accurate tax withholding rates and tax advice. Additionally, you will assist in building out an oversight function for the international investment tax group. As the Firm expands its global client base and the countries in which it invests, the complexity of taxation on global investments increases exponentially.
Develops and delivers process documentation, training content, and super user support and ensures content is delivered. Assigned tax activities are typically complex. Uses understanding of tax regulatory environment specific to the asset management industry. Recognized as the tax point of contact and subject matter expert. Primarily responsible for the accuracy and completion of own work but provides technical guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Reviews and monitors the day-to-day tax activities of the tax function and ensures compliance with the organization's policies and Tax Authority regulations on information reporting and withholding. Contributes to the establishment of the organization's tax strategy and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of that strategy. Helps align the tax strategy and leverages tax techniques to achieve business objectives, including minimizing tax liability and alleviating or reducing tax burden.
- Validates the monthly review of performance, performs year-end reconciliation of various documents and systems, and ensures the accurate and timely submission of required forms and returns. Develops plans for remediating tax reporting and filing deficiencies and oversees the remediation status/progress.
- Reviews and approves tax deposits, accounting entries, and wire payments processed by junior-level staff. Ensures deposits of taxes are fully documented and remitted to external committees in a timely manner.
- Begins to build strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization. Liaises with lines of businesses and reporting vendors to ensure proper reporting of tax information.
- Motivates and guides less experienced tax professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration AND proven and demonstrable relevant work experience
- CPA (certified public accountant) preferred
- International tax experience or tax experience at a global custody bank preferred.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.