Head of Compliance role – Dublin
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance professional to join the compliance team of our client. The main purpose of the role is to create an effective Compliance second line function and to mitigate against regulatory and other key risks whilst developing and embedding an appropriate compliance framework appropriate for the business’ size, scale and complexity.
The successful candidate will have management responsibility for one direct report. The role is a designated Persons role, which is a pre-approved control function (PCF39-F) under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity regime.
- Monitoring and evaluating on a regular basis the compliance policies and procedures required.
- Ensuring an effective incident reporting policy is embedded with effective breaches and errors reporting and escalation (as required), including liaising with delegates where appropriate.
- Maintaining and evaluating the conflict of interest framework and register on a regular basis, and presenting periodically to applicable Boards
- Ensure all complaints are investigated, recorded and responded to in line with our client’s Europe’s Complaints Policy.
- Ensuring that all marketing materials issued by our client are clear, fair and not misleading and comply with all required regulations for the specified audience in the target market.
- Overseeing the Fitness and Probity framework – Policy, procedure, and registers, and related training requirements
- Engaging and assisting the wider compliance team with respect to reviewing and investigating all investment restriction breaches for funds/strategies managed by our client
- Assessing the monthly depository and administrator reports for risks and patterns of issues for mitigation and/or resolution, in the case of significant exceptions ensure that daily reporting is established to monitor resolution[RC1] .
- Reporting to our client’s Europe’s Board and Fund Boards on all aspects related to regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring that our client operates within the regulatory requirements of its authorisatons, and the timely and accurate reporting of material breaches to the CBI in compliance with the CBI’s requirements
- Develop and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring plan for our client.
- Performing regular compliance monitoring due diligence visits of service providers to provide assurance on compliance with all regulatory obligations.
- Assess and advise the business on compliance related matters, including regulatory changes affecting our client
- Overseeing the MLRO risk assessments in relation to financial crime and completing all required reporting to the Board and other committees, and overseeing training requirements
- Reviewing and investigating all suspicious activity reports and ensuring that all reports are duly filed with the relevant authorities in a timely manner .
- Promote positive compliance culture and ethos ensuring a proactive and added value compliance culture is sustained
- Work collaboratively with the wider Risk and Compliance department and Internal Audit to deliver an effective second line of defence.
- Contribute to regular monitoring due diligence visits of service providers to provide assurance on compliance with all regulatory obligations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous compliance experience in investment funds / Asset Management.
- Ability to initiate and lead conversations across the business regarding potential compliance issues.
- Understanding of CBI, AIFMD, and UCITS regulations.
- Understanding of global distribution markets.
- Experience of working with UCITS products, ideally in an Asset Manager or 3rd party management company.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate complex issues accurately and succinctly to employees at all levels in the Company.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines, managing expectations where necessary.
- Focused on continuous improvement.
- IT skills – including Excel, PowerPoint, generally proficient with technology.
- Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Focused on self-development e.g. developing new skills keeping up to date with key industry developments.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional qualifications desirable.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27346 Compliance Markets and Securities – Rates My client, a leading Investment Bank, are currently recruiting for an Assistant...
Ref: 27347 Marketing Compliance & Financial Promotions! A fantastic opportunity has just come out with a leading Investors firm who...
Ref: 27133 We are currently recruiting for a fantastic and unique opportunity for a leading Investment Bank within their Markets...