- A commercially astute qualified lawyer to sit within the privacy risk function of the Privacy Team in this leading UK Financial Group.
- Providing subject matter expertise for all aspects of Privacy.
- Assist the DPO in setting up key processes, monitoring, advising, drafting and negotiating data privacy clauses, and providing assurance on privacy compliance activities in all the regions operated in.
- Provide subject matter expertise as a trusted advisor to the DPO, other members of the privacy team, the legal team and escalate risks and issues to the DPO as appropriate.
- The role will help embed Data Privacy across the Group and foster a data protection culture, keeping privacy front of mind and helping to implement data protection laws.
- The role will adopt a Privacy by Design approach and methodology.
- Based in Edinburgh with full remote or flexible working
- To cooperate and assist DPO in the fulfilment of their responsibilities.
- To provide appropriate advice and interpretation of Applicable Data Protection Laws to the DPO, privacy and Legal teams.
- To advise on international data transfers, data sovereignty and data localization and oversee the management of Intra-Group Agreements, compliance with Schrems II among others
- Track External Criteria/ Regulatory rules and practices across the relevant jurisdictions
- Provide privacy expertise to the Legal team for third party negotiations and contracts management, drafting of privacy clauses/schedules, investigations
- Drafting and advising on complex data protection-related documentation such as data processing agreements and data protection policies and privacy impact assessments,
- Provide DPO specialist up to date legal support in fulfilment of regulatory duties
- To the firm’s privacy compliance program including the development of new policies and standards, the development and delivery of privacy training.
- Provide DPO support for industry forums, regulatory changes
- Experience as a privacy counsel and expertise in GDPR and other global data protection laws (e.g., CCPA/CPRA, HIPAA and LGPD).
- Demonstrated experience of senior level advisory for data privacy matters.
- Awareness of the requirements of forthcoming data protection legislation and regulatory changes.
- Demonstrated ability to find practical, pragmatic and creative solutions to compliance issues.
- Demonstrated experience in providing SME input into cross functional projects and programmes.
- Demonstrated experience of commercial negotiations or hands on litigation management.
- Good working knowledge of privacy risk assessment models and methodologies.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of programme/project risk management.
- Knowledge of OneTrust is a plus
- CIPP/E, CIPM
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 29774 Assistant Company Secretary - Investments Role: Permanent Full-time Location: London Salary: £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits Work...
Ref: 29654 VP Legal Counsel Securitised Products Investment Banking The Role To join an established legal team to focus on...
Ref: 28981 The Role: A commercially astute qualified lawyer to sit within the privacy risk function of the Privacy Team...