Derivatives Operations Analyst
Our client is a well-known Asset Manager, head-quartered in Boston, USA.
As part of the Derivatives Operations group, the Derivatives Operations Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting post-execution lifecycle processes for Futures, Listed Options, and Cleared OTC products.
This will encompass the reconciliation and instruction of daily variation and initial margin requirements, processing of accounting postings, post-value control reconciliations, as well as managing queries and troubleshooting issues from both internal and external parties.
- Daily review of variation and initial margin calls from brokers and investigate discrepancies.
- Daily post-value cash reconciliations of collateral and margin movements.
- Daily control reconciliations including holdings, collateral, and currency balances between our internal accounting, clearing brokers, custodians, and clearing houses.
- Serve as an escalation point for incoming queries and issues raised by portfolio managers, trading, clients, custodians, and clearing brokers.
- Manage new account onboardings and account closures in a timely manner.
- Identify and drive projects to improve front to back process efficiency.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase the effectiveness of process controls.
- Participate in industry working groups to identify new clearing opportunities and potential challenges of regulatory changes.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of cleared derivatives products and processes, being familiar with the Futures, Options, and Cleared OTC lifecycle processes and have an understanding of the operational impact of pending regulatory change.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 29769 Are you a Qualified Accountant with a minimum of two years post qualifying experience? A new and exciting...
Ref: 29601 Bruin are proud to be working with a well known Financial Services organisation based in Manchester in their...
Ref: 29667 Bruin are exceptionally proud to be working with a well known Financial Services brand based in Edinburgh. This...