Leading British Bank seeking a Credit Risk & Ratings Manager to join their Methodology team within Insurance and Wealth Finance, based in either London, Bristol or Edinburgh.
- Develop, maintain and control the internal credit rating methodologies and models.
- Ensure they meet the demands of evolving regulation and keep pace with developing market practice to demonstrate that the ratings produced are comparable with those of credit rating agencies.
- Advise on credit rating approaches for investment in new asset classes.
- By collaborating with other specialists within the team you'll ensure that our approach to credit ratings fits coherently into our broader risk management and modelling framework.
- Make sound, balanced credit risk judgements, focusing on what matters. This includes considering the requirements of regulation, trade-offs such as complexity vs accuracy, short/long term risks and resource prioritisation.
- You'll need to be able to turn strategy into concrete actions which are delivered to meet targets and satisfy a broad range of internal & external customers.
Skills/ Experience needed:
- Practical experience and knowledge of credit ratings and credit risk, ideally in one or more of the following sectors: Higher Education, Social Housing, Infrastructure, Real Estate (Commercial/Residential) and Corporates.
- Knowledge of Insurance and associated risk management approaches, relevant to understanding models in the context of the business.
- Advanced coding skills not required but familiarity with spreadsheet models preferable
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 29182 Our client, a wealth management firm, is looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join their Portfolio Risk...
Ref: 29146 International Bank seeking a Development Finance Underwriter to join their Credit team in London. Key Responsibilities ·...
Ref: 29144 Global Asset Manager seeking a Risk Oversight Analyst (Technology, Cyber, Resilience) to join their London office. Key...