- Conducting independent credit assessments using a range of sources so informed decisions can be made by sanctioning officials. This is our core responsibility, and we handle a number of requests including new to bank business, facility increases, variations and annual reviews.
- Regular engagement with sanctioners, relationship managers, product partners and clients to shape credit proposals in order to maintain a balance of risk and reward, and act as an effective second line of defence through challenge and expert insight.
- Utilising insight and expertise to proactively contribute to periodic sector reviews and deep-dives, shaping appetite and strategies, and identifying horizon risks and situations which may increase risk to the Group.
- Maintaining internal records and systems to comply with internal and external requirements.
- Demonstrable credit risk management experience, including financial and non-financial analysis skills and knowledge of lending and derivative products – this doesn’t necessarily need to be in Corporate Banking.
- Your initial focus will be on the Utilities sector where Group has industry-leading experience supporting clients through bespoke, highly structured transactions. Familiarity with utilities and the energy transition are helpful, but not essential
- Stakeholder management
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 29388 Leading asset manager seeking a Risk Events Manager to join their London office. RESPONSIBILITIES Review and triage Ops...
Ref: 29568 Leading UK Asset Manager seeking a Risk Business Partner to work closely with their technology teams in London....
Ref: 29664 Leading British Bank seeking a Credit Officer to join their growing Utilities, Industrials, and Transport team in London....