**Manager- Corporate Communications. (Maternity cover)**
Our client is a reputable Global Asset Management firm who are currently seeking to hire a Corporate Communications Manager on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure within a top firm. The ideal candidate will have around 3-5 years’ experience within asset management as well as a good understanding of financial markets and more specifically Private Markets. The candidate should also have experience working in a fast-paced environment an have the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Act as Communications business partner to the Private Markets business, creating plans and promoting activities and stories based on their content which can be used with external stakeholders and internally with colleagues.
- Access is available to PR agency support in these activities.
- Manage day-to-day engagement with the PR agencies in Italy and Germany. Work alongside team to manage engagement with the UK agency
- Promote the profile of Federated Hermes products and fund managers, working closely and collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing teams through the prioritisation and promotion of key investment teams
- Working collaboratively with the US based Corporate Communications team to keep them abreast of developments in the non-US business, sharing relevant content and supporting them with inbound enquiries where needed
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the media we are dealing with including the publications and journalists across wholesale, institutional, national, broadcast and international titles
- React to journalist enquiries and requests and arrange appropriate response
- Sell in news hooks, spokespeople and stories to the media on a regular basis
- Check nationals and trade publications for current news stories as they appear. Share stories of interest with relevant individuals and generate pitch / content ideas
- Set-up meetings with journalists and spokespeople. Co-ordinate diaries and confirmation with journalist as well as facilitate meeting
- React to journalist enquires and requests across asset classes and jurisdictions as needed, particularly when other members of the team are in meetings or tied up with other business issues
- Press event organisation and support including roundtables, press party and hospitality
- Content generation, working with the fund managers, PR agencies and investment writing team in order to distribute relevant and timely investment notes and commentary to the media
- Drafting press releases and ensuring content goes through the correct compliance procedures and is sent out without error
- Maintain regular contact with journalists and ensure awareness of stories they are writing each week
- Support wider team with maintaining a regular stream of content for social media channels
- Support the wider Business Development team with both proactive and reactive client communications as required.
- Drafting client Q&As, working with key stakeholders across the business to gather correct information and compile appropriate messaging.
- Ensure internal communications is included as a key factor when developing comms plans, keeping colleagues informed of business developments or press coverage.
- Make sure that all relevant announcements and news is posted to the intranet in a timely manner
- Monitor daily press cuttings email and flag missing coverage to service provider
- Support the team with administrative duties including monthly and quarterly reports
- Keep planning documents up-to-date to enable the corporate communications team to plan the year ahead and keep the business updated on activity
- Responsible, with the rest of the team, for posting of all press releases and external announcements, ensuring the external website is up to date
- Ensure all compliance records are maintained and up to date
- Arrange media training for new spokespeople
- Ensure spokespeople are appropriately briefed prior to media engagements
- Maintain up-to-date media lists to ensure target audience is reached
- Adhere to the FCA’s Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
- Enthusiastic, resilient, collaborative team player with strong influencing and diplomacy skills
- Self-starter, with good initiative and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Curiosity, creativity and willingness to learn
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external clients and colleagues
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Drive to succeed
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to listen and take direction
- Understands the importance of client service
For more information, please get in touch with Alison Hally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 31473 PIMCO Events Manager- 6 Month Contract (on-site) A leading global asset management is looking for an Events...
Ref: 30077 A leading UK financial services firm is looking for an enthusiastic marketing generalist to join their firm covering...
Ref: 31188 **Manager- Corporate Communications. (Maternity cover)** Our client is a reputable Global Asset Management firm who are currently...