Are you looking to utilise your Legal qualifications & experience in a Commercial Insurance Role?
We are supporting a leading specialist Credit and Political Risk Insurance Broker with clients that include first-tier global investment banks, development finance institutions, commodity traders and corporates.
If interested, you would focusing on developing new and bespoke applications of credit insurance for existing and new clients. The team currently comprises two professionals and is headed by a former senior lawyer and underwriter with a corporate and structured finance background while the other team member is a former banker with experience in balance sheet optimization.
The role represents a chance for a lawyer to take on a commercial / relationship driven role while still drawing heavily on the technical training and experience they have developed. Ideally the candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ PQE, ideally with experience in structured finance including at least one of the following areas: securitisation, derivatives and/or debt financing and related regulations (such as CRR) where relevant.
- Strong technical drafting skills, ideally with experience of leading drafting and negotiation of key transaction documents.
- Experience of working with power point and if possible, excel although failing any experience of working with excel, a willingness and aptitude to develop a basic proficiency with excel and a basic working understanding of some of the quantitative aspects applicable to credit risk modelling (such as probability of default).
- Ability to present complex, technical matters to clients or individuals without the same professional background in a clear and intuitive manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with and network with individuals from a diverse range of professional backgrounds is essential.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to develop creative solutions for both clients and underwriters: the application of insurance to structured credit transactions is a developing area with no “market practice” established.
- Being a pro-active self-starter who is able, when required, to work outside of your comfort zone to develop a working knowledge of a new area of law, regulation or business is critical.
With an excellent salary and package this role offers a fantastic opportunity to branch out into the Insurance market in a people facing role that allows you to take advantage of your existing legal knowledge. Additionally, with this challenge comes great leadership to coach you through the transition.
Could this be your next career step? Apply below to find out.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 32949 Are you looking to join a Global Insurance Broker and progress your career further? If so, then look...
Ref: 32889 Are you an Insurance professional seeking the next step in your career? If so, we are supporting our...
Ref: 32872 *Insurance Technician - To £45,000* - *Excellent Excel* needed - Lead specialist Broker - Growing company - Fantastic...