VP Legal Counsel Litigation, Investigations & Enforcement, Global Banking Group, Glasgow
|0203 145 3339|
New Role: VP Legal Counsel Litigation, Investigations & Enforcement, Global Banking Group, Glasgow
- To advise on and manage claims and potential claims by or against the bank
- To advise on and work within a team managing internal and external investigations (including enforcement and regulatory investigations) and contentious regulatory issues.
- To proactively identify and manage legal and regulatory risks and opportunities relating to the bank’s business and its clients and to work with other infrastructure and business teams to manage those risks effectively.
- To help to ensure the delivery of functionally excellent litigation and investigations services within the bank
- Direct, oversee and supervise litigation, investigations and enforcement matters relating to the bank’s business and its clients in EME.
- Advise on and manage legal and regulatory risk issues
- Liaise with and report to other members of the Global Litigation, Investigations and Enforcement team, the wider Legal Function and business stakeholders, as appropriate, in relation to litigation, investigations and enforcement cases and the management of legal and regulatory risk within EME.
- Where providing these services:
- manage the provision of external support;
- strictly maintain cost and budgeting discipline in external service purchasing;
- drive performance in the resolution of legal issues; and
- co-ordinate the development of processes, policies, and procedures designed to reduce legal and regulatory risk across the organization with particular emphasis on operations in EME.
- Deal with ad hoc litigation and contentious regulatory queries from the businesses within EME.
Reporting and Management Information
- Ensure the on-line case management system is kept up to date in relation to litigation, investigations and enforcement cases and assist with the provision of monthly reports to business heads and other key stakeholders.
Training and support
- Contribute to the development of a 'community practice' within the Litigation, Investigations & Enforcement Function
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training within the Litigation, Investigations & Enforcement Function
- Keep up to date on new legal developments, undertake on-going legal research, and attend external seminars, as appropriate.
Relationship / Stakeholder Management
- Develop effective relationships with other members of the Litigation, Investigations & Enforcement Function and the Legal Function generally.
- Manage stakeholder expectations in relation to case management, including providing proactive updates and reporting of developments in contentious risks
- Help to build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders
- England & Wales Qualified lawyer (Solicitor or Barrister);
- Well established experience with English law/English proceedings before English Courts;
- Managing litigation for financial institutions;
- Experience of working on internal and external investigations and regulatory requests for financial institutions.
- Previous experience working in-house within the financial services industry and/or working on financial services matters at a law firm.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Legal Counsel Commercial Law Global Banking Edinburgh or Manchester
Ref: 34085 Legal Counsel Commercial Law Global Banking Edinburgh or Manchester The Role This is a position in the Commercial...
12 Month FTC Paralegal
Ref: 34070 Property Paralegal (12-month Fixed Term Contract) Location: London Role: 12-month Fixed Term Contract with the potential to...
Company Secretarial Assistant
Ref: 33916 Company Secretarial Assistant Role: Permanent Full Time Location: London Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits WFH: Flexible...