VP Private Banking Credit Legal Counsel
A member of the Consumer Banking Consumer Banking and Payments’ Legal Team focussed on the Credit area
- To provide legal advice and support to the wider PB business and related functions on credit transactions, projects, queries and regulatory change.
- Primary jurisdictional responsibilities include the UK, the Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man) and, as required from a product perspective, Ireland.
- The role provides exposure to a wide range of PB businesses and jurisdictions.
- Act as the Point of contact for all parts of the Credit team, Credit Risk, Credit Operations and the Private Banking business on all credit related matters.
- Managing and executing credit transactions undertaken by the Private Banking business, including:
- Responsibility for drafting and/or reviewing client facing and third party documentation (such as loan and security documents); and
- Liaising with the PB businesses, external counsel and other infrastructure functions such as credit risk, credit operations and compliance.
- Dealing with queries from and providing guidance and support to the PB business, credit operations and other infrastructure functions on credit transactions, matters and projects.
- Qualified Lawyer qualified in the UK (or equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction) with in-house experience in banking or Law Practice experience
- Strong Technical Background and knowledge of Consumer Credit including unregulated lending
- Consumer or Retail banking Lending experience
- 5 years + PQE
Based in the London office with Hybrid working
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 32989 VP Private Banking Credit Legal Counsel A member of the Consumer Banking Consumer Banking and Payments’ Legal Team...
Ref: 32943 AVP GCS Prime Services and Prime Derivatives Services (PDS) Negotiator based in Glasgow with Hybrid working GCS is...
Ref: 32932 AVP GCS Prime Services and Prime Derivatives Services (PDS) Negotiator based in Glasgow with Hybrid working GCS is...