Prime Services & Prime Derivatives Negotiator VP Glasgow Banking
|0203 145 3339|
VP GCS Prime Services and Prime Derivatives Services (PDS) Negotiator based in Glasgow with Hybrid working
GCS is a global team primarily responsible for the negotiation and execution of master trading documentation for the bank’s client-facing Markets business.
- Responsible for drafting, negotiating and executing various master trading documentation in support of the Prime Services, Exchange Traded Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Intermediation, Securities Financing Transaction and Securitised Products businesses.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the master agreements managed by GCS.
- The negotiator will be involved in managing global projects, providing guidance to junior team members, actively contributing to the team’s knowledge base and knowledge share with other members of the team and foster a strong risk and control environment.
- Identify processes that can be improved around data capture, technology and documentation
- Draft, negotiate and execute capital markets contract documentation with an assigned portfolio of counterparties (e.g. ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreement, Global Master Securities Lending Agreement, Futures Agreement, OTC Clearing Agreement, Intermediation Agreement and any ancillary agreements)
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhere to associated guidelines and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
- Support team members in managing negotiations with clients, including sharing know-how on possible approaches, drafting of variations and working closely with Markets lawyers on issues associated with those variations
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Trading, Credit Risk, Compliance and Operations) to ensure seamless completion of requests
- Assist with ad hoc projects (both regulatory driven and otherwise) and successfully manage them to completion
- Team player with ability to work autonomously and with others
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Motivated individual with initiative and the ability to continue to learn, interpret and adapt to change, and with good work ethics
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity and respect for the individual
Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent
- Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the suite of prime services agreements/ derivatives agreements with experience of other products a plus
- Strong analytical and drafting skills
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Company Secretarial Assistant
Ref: 33916 Company Secretarial Assistant Role: Permanent Full Time Location: London Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits WFH: Flexible...
Senior Commercial Contracts Lawyer
Ref: 33961 Senior Commercial Contracts Lawyer Role: Permanent, full-time position Location: London Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits WFH:...
Legal Counsel Commercial Law Global Banking Edinburgh or Manchester
Ref: 34085 Legal Counsel Commercial Law Global Banking Edinburgh or Manchester The Role This is a position in the Commercial...