Legal Counsel: VP Cash Equities & Equity Research Investment Banking, London based, Flexible working
- Provide legal support for the Cash Equities trading businesses across the Bank & support flow equities trading and distribution of content.
- Advise on a broad range of transactional documentation and equities trading flows and structures
- Advise on regulatory change impacting the market and achieving strategic priorities.
- Transactional support and structuring: The majority of the work will involve providing support to the Cash Equity businesses including advising on, and drafting negotiated documentation eg Markets Terms of Business, electronic trading documentation, commission sharing agreements and related documentation and also facilitating the development and deployment of new trading channels into new jurisdictions or financial market infrastructure.
- Advisory support: providing regulatory advice on matters relevant to cash equities trading including inducements, client money and assets, market abuse, market conduct, trade and transaction reporting and cross border legal considerations.
- Policies and Procedures: As part of the role, the candidate will be required to work on developing and implementing policies and procedures applicable to the business area to minimise legal risks.
- Regulatory Change: In addition to transactional support, the role will include advising on and helping to implement regulatory change projects as well as programmes to enable the strategic development of the business area.
- Counsel: Management of external counsel including responsibility for legal spend is a key accountability.
- Qualified lawyer with experience of cash equities and/or financial services regulation gained in either private practice or in-house.
- Intellectual curiosity – desire to learn new regulatory approaches and market practices in the context of trading global equities products.
Skills helpful for this role:
- Knowledge of financial market infrastructure, flow transaction lifecycles and supporting regulatory frameworks.
- Regulatory knowledge of UK & EMEA Markets
- The Bank offers Flexible Working
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 32989 VP Private Banking Credit Legal Counsel A member of the Consumer Banking Consumer Banking and Payments’ Legal Team...
Ref: 32929 eDiscovery Manager Global Banking Glasgow/London/Northampton/ Manchester, Hybrid Working The Role: Liaise with internal stakeholders, in-house counsel, external counsel and...
Ref: 32816 Fund Paralegal Role: Permanent/ Full-time Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits Location: London Reporting to: Head of...