Our client a leading global banking group is seeking a Legal Counsel to join the Corporate Banking Legal team in Birmingham at AVP level
- The team proactively manages and mitigates legal risk in Corporate Banking by advising on all cash management matters, including current and deposit accounts, payments, cash, cheques and other payment instruments, electronic banking, information services and notional pooling products.
- The team partners with all areas of Corporate Banking on projects (both look-forward and remediation), supporting transactions, developing new products and advising on risk matters.
- Providing transactional support, including amending contracts and dealing with client Requests for Proposals.
- Business partner to the coverage and product teams, as well as working with other infrastructure areas – Fraud, Compliance
- Supporting cash management projects, including regulatory programmes and forward-looking change projects.
- Legal support on other internal corporate banking projects, including remediation matters
- English law or Commonwealth qualified Solicitor with strong academic record
- Familiarity with relevant financial services products and applicable regulations.
- Strong communication and influencing skills – verbal and written (technical and non-technical)
Birmingham based with flexible working
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 31755 Assistant Company Secretary Location: London Role: Permanent Full-time Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits Reports To: Group...
Ref: 32116 Operations Analyst Location: London Salary: £28,000 - £34,000 + Bonus + Benefits WFH: 3 days office...