Our client is a global investment firm, investing on behalf of pension, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, endowment funds, and foundations. They are a well established firm with lots of growth across EMEA and US.
ESG has always been a key part of the firm, and fundamental to their success.
This person will play a key supporting role in the ongoing development and roll out of their Responsible Investment priorities. They will be responsible for:
External Representation of the firm
- Collaborate on the development of information requests from investors that require coordination with internal teams, e.g., ESG questionnaires
- Develop responses to emerging issues in ESG as they relate to asset classes for internal management and investor consideration
- Lead the relationships with key external bodies or industry associations in collaboration with ED of Responsible Investment for the EMEA market
- Actively participate in collaborative engagements directly or through member organisations
- Development of investor presentations and reports by collecting and collating data across asset classes
- Co-Lead annual review and updating of RI Charter, policies and strategy
- Support Global Relations Group for widen and deepen investor relationships across the EMEA market
- Perform the role of “business partner” to EMEA – by leading the relationship with key investment directors
- Undertake due diligence analysis and reviews for transactions in the EMEA market
- Lead thematic program of work and influence investment teams on a strategic issue as defined in annual planning process (e.g. Climate Change, Labour rights, Diversity etc.).
- Co-Lead the establishment of a RI rating system and relative criteria for our unlisted asset classes
- Produce sector studies and thematic notes on assigned sectors and related ESG issues
- Supporting the identification and analysis of public policy issues relating to RI in the EMEA market
- Take a leading role in managing EMEA regulatory requirements as that relate to ESG (eg: EU ESG Taxonomy reporting requirements)
- Conducting engagement with companies management and Board within EMEA market
- Providing research analysis and monitoring of RI issues at companies in assigned sectors or geographies.
- Lead the development of asset specific sustainability reporting to improve transparency and drive accountability
- The ideal candidate would come from an ESG/Sustainability team within another investment firm or an ESG/Sustainability Consultancy with financial services clients.
Please contact Georgina.Sell@bruinfinancial.com if you are interested to discuss further
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 25996 Role : Senior Engagement Analyst An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an Asset Management firm based in...
Ref: 25710 A leading Global Investment Bank is seeking an M&A Lawyer to join an established team: Providing legal support...
Ref: 25817 Overview of the role You will support Portfolio Managers improve the risk / return profile delivered to...