Our client is a leading alternatives investment management house, with offices globally. Following the recent opening of their Amsterdam office, they are seeking an Associate Director – Operations, Risk & Control to join the team on a permanent basis.
The role sits within a team that provides investment operational support to various funds, separately managed accounts and portfolio companies managed.
Reporting into Head of Operational Strategy, the Associate Director – Operations, Risk & Control will be responsible for the following remit:
- Leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to help design and implement the overall risk and control management program for investment operations
- Develop and maintain Risk Management tools, practices, and framework to identify, measure, monitor, and control the risk profile with regard to the company’s newly established European entity
- Leverage internal and external relationships to ensure an appropriate approach is applied to applicable regulatory frameworks and globally accepted practices
- Collaborate with Operations Leadership to mature risk management rigor by implementing framework to identify, measure and monitor risks and controls
- Develop and implement KRIs
- Represent Operations in the firmwide regulatory compliance programs
- Assist the global Risk and Control team in an effort to become SCO1 compliant
- Liaison with legal and compliance to ensure clarity of Operations role in regulatory reporting and compliance and in turn ensure Operations team meets it obligations
The Associate Director – Operations, Risk & Control will meet the following skillset:
- Fluent Dutch speaker
- Strong control mindset
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ asset management operations experience
- Solid working knowledge of various investment products including corporate bonds, ABS, bank debt term loans, private loans, Revolver/Delayed Draw loans, repos, whole loans, cash & synthetic structured credit, options, and swaps
- Strong working knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with control implementations, operational risk management program, audit engagements
This is an exciting role to join a thriving alternatives house during a time of growth.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 32400 Operations Analyst This is an initial 6- month FTC. Main duties: Creating new security records and any necessary...
Ref: 32406 Reporting Analyst We are looking for a candidate to join a top tier investment management firm, to work...
Ref: 31304 Reg Reporting Oversight Manger This is an initial 6-Month FTC. We are looking for someone with the knowledge...