Assistant Company Secretary with Board and Committee experience for a Leading Investment Manager / City based Flexible working
The Assistant Company Secretary will be supporting the Deputy Company Secretaries and Company Secretary in providing a full range of company secretarial and governance services to the (plc) Group, including:
- Supporting the Chair with the management of the corporate governance processes for one of the Group’s principal regulated subsidiaries based in Ireland; this includes working with the Chair of the Board and Committees (Risk, Audit and Nomination & Remuneration). This support will include:
o Agenda planning and meeting organisation;
o Overseeing the quality of management information provided to the Board and Committees and preparing meeting papers (with Board support assistance);
o Minute taking and following up on actions arising from meetings;
o Reviewing corporate governance documents including the Articles of Association, Corporate Governance Framework and Terms of Reference;
o Undertaking board performance evaluations; and
o Responding to information requests from external and internal auditors and the Central Bank of Ireland (the regulator);
- Supporting the business functions, particularly in Ireland, with transactional matters;
- Supporting other subsidiary boards/committees within the plc corporate structure and providing comprehensive company secretarial support, as required;
- Ensuring the company records and filings with company registries for your allocated companies are kept up to date;
- Undertake allocated tasks to support listed company work for the Plc, this will normally include tasks arising from the year-end reporting process;
- Maintaining and developing department processes and procedure documents;
- Providing mentoring and guidance to junior members of the team; and
- Providing any other assistance as required from time to time to ensure departmental objectives are achieved.
- ICSA part or fully qualified or equivalent legal qualification;
- Ideally 3-5 years previous company secretarial experience to include company administration, board/committee support and experience of minuting meetings;
- Excellent communication skills with experience communicating with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including independent non-executives;
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks;
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act and Senior Managers and Certification Regime;
- Strong technical IT skills and ideally good working knowledge of Diligent Entities and Diligent Board; and
- Proactive approach, with willingness and adaptability to pick up and run with new challenges.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 27378 Commercial Legal Counsel 12 months Contract Investment Management The role: Based in the Corporate & Commercial team: Set...
Ref: 27380 Legal Counsel for a Leading Global Insurance Firm Primarily responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract terms and...
Ref: 27332 Legal Counsel Investment Management – Capital Markets: ECM, DCM & ESG A unique opportunity to join a leading...