Team: Legal Distribution
PQE: 3-6 PQE as a rough guide
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Reports to: Head of Legal Distribution
WFH: Hybrid working model with flexible working
About the Role:
As Legal Counsel, you will be a member of a busy legal insurance and reinsurance team providing general legal and regulatory assistance and supporting the UK & Lloyd’s business.
You will work with underwriters, stakeholders and the international legal team to support issues arising out of delegated underwriting and delegated claims.
- Drafting insurance-related documents including claims agreements, broker service agreements, and review service agreements.
- Advising underwriters across multiple jurisdictions on policy terms, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Supporting the underwriters on issues arising out of delegated underwriting and delegated claims.
- Assist the distribution teams in ensuring compliant distribution models with the firms' broking partners.
- Handling disputes with distribution partners.
- Contribute to governance in relation to consumer products (emphasis on conduct) including product oversight and FCA requirements such as consumer duty.
- Identifying future areas of challenge or change within the insurance regulatory and legal framework.
- Advising underwriters in various jurisdictions on policy terms, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Providing training to the company and its affiliates on substantive legal and regulatory topics;
- Keeping up to date with regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advising internal stakeholders accordingly.
- Participate on certain internal committees as the legal representative.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- UK qualified Solicitor or similar qualification.
- At least 3 years of relevant post-qualification legal work experience.
- Knowledge of insurance regulations.
- Previous experience working in the insurance/ reinsurance industry is beneficial for this role.
- Excellent written and collaborative communication.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- An ability to work independently and on own initiative whilst being part of a wider team.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and progress matters expeditiously, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with good decision-making capability.
Our ambition is simple – to do our best for our people, clients and communities.
We are determined to make a positive difference at work and beyond – this starts with hiring the best talent without consideration of race, religion, colour, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 37055 Our client a leading UK professional advisory firm provides integrated financial and legal services for a range of...
Ref: 36986 TBC Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination....
Ref: 36912 Legal Counsel Location: London Team: Legal Distribution PQE: 3-6 PQE as a rough guide Salary: Competitive +...