Global Banking: VP Legal Counsel EMEA Treasury Services, Banking & Payments
This role can be located London, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Provide legal advice and support to the Treasury Services line of business in EMEA focusing on payments, banking, clearing, cash management and liquidity products, services, and contractual arrangements
- Advise on UK and EU payments law and payments-related regulatory issues (e.g. PSD2, Cross-Border Payments Regulation, Funds Transfer Regulation)
- Advise project and business teams on EMEA regulatory change programmes and the impact of new laws and regulations across the bank’s European entities
- Advise and partner with business on developing new Payments and Liquidity Services products, cross-border transactions, payments platforms and processes
- Document and negotiate the global banking agreement terms with clients, working closely with the contract management team supporting Payments and Liquidity Services
- Collaborate effectively with different business and functional stakeholders
- Assist on special, regional and global projects as required for the bank’s Treasury Services and Corporate Trust businesses
- Manage outside counsel, reviewing work for appropriateness, quality and alignment to expectations
- UK or common law qualified lawyer with 5 years+ PQE in banking and financial services
- Experience of advising on payments regulation, payments-related legal and regulatory issues, and applicable UK and EU payments regulatory frameworks (e.g. PSD2)
- UK and EU regulatory advisory and cross-border experience at a global financial services institution or premier law firm
- Experience of advising on financial institution regulatory change programmes and bank initiatives
- Familiarity with cash management and liquidity products, correspondent banking, clearing, and digital assets
- Familiarity with debt capital markets and structured finance products would be helpful
- Genuine passion for working in an exciting area of law, where technology, digitisation, innovation and payments intersect
- An enthusiastic, collaborative, commercial, and hard-working individual with a “can do” attitude, strong problem-solving skills and a desire to work in a friendly and supportive legal team
The bank has a hybrid working policy of 3 days / week in the office
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 37055 Our client a leading UK professional advisory firm provides integrated financial and legal services for a range of...
Ref: 36986 TBC Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination....
Ref: 36912 Legal Counsel Location: London Team: Legal Distribution PQE: 3-6 PQE as a rough guide Salary: Competitive +...