Paralegal (AVP) Fund Administration
Role: Permanent/ Full-time
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Reporting to: Head of Fund Administration
WFH: Hybrid model with flexible working policy, 2/3 days per week office-based
Direct Reports: N/A
About the Role:
This is a newly created position to support the growing asset management business of a leading Banking Group. You will be an integral member of the Fund Administration and Compliance team. In the role as a Paralegal will advise, and help to develop strategies and approaches to managing contractual legal work and regulatory risks with the company’s strategic vision, goals, and values.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a law from or reputable financial or other institution with strong interpersonal skills who will act as a legal advisor.
You will play a significant role in contributing to the development of important and complex projects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Legal and Compliance-related work such as company secretarial, policy writing and updating, regulatory change and application work can be the areas to cover.
- Providing advice to both internal and external related parties on various contracts and agreements.
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading legal documents.
- Accurately recording all communication regarding contracts and agreements.
- Creating and maintaining the list of the agreements that were signed and ensuring that agreements are filed in good order.
- Obtaining approvals and pre-approval for UK and Global offices.
- Researching cases and legal information.
- Checking that data protection laws are being adhered to and all documents comply with Legal standards.
- Communicating efficiently with outside agencies.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- An undergraduate degree in Law or similar qualification.
- At least 4 years of paralegal in a similar role.
- Experience in the financial industry is preferred for this role.
- Expertise in reviewing and drafting documentation.
- Able to research and understand related laws and regulations and communicate effectively with the team and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational abilities.
- To be open and approachable.
- Knowledge and understanding of asset management business and its regulatory framework is desirable for this role.
Our ambition is simple – to do our best for our people, clients and communities.
We are determined to make a positive difference at work and beyond – this starts with hiring the best talent without consideration of race, religion, colour, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 36404 Lease Management Analyst - Property Role: Permanent, full-time position Location: London Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits...
Ref: 36408 Global Banking: VP Legal Counsel EMEA Treasury Services, Banking & Payments This role can be located London, Manchester...
Ref: 36286 Legal Counsel (VP) Financial Crime Role: Permanent/ Full-time Location: London Corporate Title: Vice President Salary: Competitive...