A Leading Global Alternatives Investment Manager is seeking a Paralegal / Company Secretary in Luxembourg
To work with Legal Counsel paralegals and legal assistants on the formation and closings of investment funds, investments made by the funds, review and negotiation of various agreements related to corporate and fund activities, providing support to business groups and other corporate matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting legal Counsel in setting up and closing investment funds, including reviewing subscription agreements and client account questionnaires for accuracy and completeness; maintaining an on-line database for fund documents; obtaining documentary requirements from investors, reviewing “world sky” requirements with legal counsel, compiling closing documents and other fund closing related matters
- Responding to “know your customer” requests from the firm’s counterparties and collecting documents in connection with such requests and deal related matters
- Assisting with U.S. and non-U.S. regulatory filings and document production for legal proceedings
- Handling corporate and fund-related responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating certain documents, including confidentiality agreements, access letters, service provider and vendor agreements and fund transfer documents
- 4+ year’s Paralegal or Corporate Secretarial experience in the investment management industry
- Experience in fund formation required
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Fluent in English at a Business level
- Careful reviewer of documentation
- Outstanding analytic and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- ICSA , CGI or ILA Certification an advantage
The firm has a Flexible Working Policy in place
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 36404 Lease Management Analyst - Property Role: Permanent, full-time position Location: London Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits...
Ref: 36408 Global Banking: VP Legal Counsel EMEA Treasury Services, Banking & Payments This role can be located London, Manchester...
Ref: 36286 Legal Counsel (VP) Financial Crime Role: Permanent/ Full-time Location: London Corporate Title: Vice President Salary: Competitive...