Our client a leading Global Investment Management firm is seeking a Funds Legal Counsel for a 12 months FTC with a focus on UCITS and AIFS to join the Product Legal team.
• Supporting the firm’s product development functions concentrating on UCITS and AIFs and the registration of the funds abroad
• Provide ongoing legal services, draft and negotiate agreements, provide solutions to various legal queries, help to improve internal procedures in relation to products.
• Provide legal advice on any product legal matters or developments which may affect their businesses and on group strategic projects (such as fund reshapes).
• Review new laws and regulations and assess the impact on the relevant products and business units, advise on legal and regulatory environment and liaise with external counsel and/or regulators.
• Represent the firm in external meetings and fund associations.
• Act as a key liaison with other legal teams, company secretariat, compliance, risk and internal audit functions within the group, working with these areas to ensure a joined-up and co-operative approach.
• Ensure consistency of processes and standards on fund launches, corporate actions (mergers, closures, objective changes, etc.) and registration with regulators.
• Maintain or organise the maintenance of a know how data base with useful precedents and legal opinions. Help to improve internal procedures and operational processes in relation to product delivery.
• Qualified Legal Counsel
• Wide range of experience in fund/investment related environments, working at a senior level and able work in an unsupervised position.
• A thorough knowledge of fund structures and the European investment management industry and legislation (UCITS, AIFMD, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
• Commercial acumen.
• Project management and strong organisational skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong delivery focus.
• Fluent in English. Any other language skills would be an advantage.
• Pro-active team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The firm has a hybrid working policy and offers a wide range of employee benefits
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 35839 Our client a leading global investment management firm is seeking a UK qualified legal counsel with fluent German...
Ref: 35821 VP Legal Counsel - Structured Finance Role: Permanent/ Full-time Team: Structured Finance Team Location: London Salary:...
Ref: 35678 Senior Legal Counsel Role: Permanent/ Full-time Team: Banking & Finance, Corporate Lending and Asset Finance team Location:...