FTC Paralegal – Investment Management
Role: 6-12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
WFH: 3 days per week office based.
Reporting to: Head of Legal
Start Date: September/ October 2023
A leading boutique Investment firm has a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal to join the Legal and Compliance function to support the Head of Legal on a range of legal and compliance-related matters.
The company operates on a flat structure and has nurtured a great culture that is supportive and collaborative. The firm is based in central London in beautiful open-plan offices and offers very competitive benefits and bonus package.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing legal documents such as contracts and agreements, liaising with various counterparties and senior management.
- Work across all departments, ensuring compliance with applicable processes and regulations issued by regulatory bodies.
- Conduct legal research for internal projects, and into relevant laws and regulations pertaining to finance.
- Perform general administrative tasks including organising and maintaining files.
- Work closely with the team in the due diligence process by gathering and analysing financial records, and other related information.
- Assist with answering queries from all departments.
- Law Graduate, or similar qualification.
- Previous experience in an investment management firm would be beneficial, but not essential for this role.
- At least 2 years of relevant paralegal work experience working in a similar role.
- Familiar with finance-related laws, regulations, and legal procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in legal research and document drafting.
- Experience working closely with senior management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work methodically to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels and third parties.
- Able to work in a small team and get involved in a hands-on capacity.
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure.
Our ambition is simple – to do our best for our people, clients and communities.
We are determined to make a positive difference at work and beyond – this starts with hiring the best talent without consideration of race, religion, colour, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 35839 Our client a leading global investment management firm is seeking a UK qualified legal counsel with fluent German...
Ref: 35821 VP Legal Counsel - Structured Finance Role: Permanent/ Full-time Team: Structured Finance Team Location: London Salary:...
Ref: 35678 Senior Legal Counsel Role: Permanent/ Full-time Team: Banking & Finance, Corporate Lending and Asset Finance team Location:...