About the job
Our client is a leading payments fintech that continues to grow in size, scale, and complexity. They are seeking an experienced finance professional to join their Finance function, which will play a crucial part in building and leading their reconciliation efforts, ensuring that financial information is delivered in an automated, scalable, and well-controlled manner for timely and accurate financial reporting.
How you will make an impact:
- You will be the driving force behind their Finance reconciliations and reporting roadmap, with a key focus on improving confidence and trust in our financial data and reporting.
- Your responsibilities will include building and executing ongoing reconciliation processes and defining controls requirements, thresholds, and criteria to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and challenging control outputs, identifying discrepancies, and implementing appropriate solutions to initiate corrective actions.
- Identifying and resolving problems, removing obstacles, and influencing our broader finance teams to complete the roadmap will be crucial aspects of your role.
- Your deep understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and control requirements will be instrumental in ensuring that our processes and controls meet robust standards and audit requirements.
- You will collaborate effectively with the broader finance function, particularly with system architects, to redesign processes and implement tactical and long-term solutions.
- Active involvement in enhancing data integrity and quality, automation, strengthening controls, and improving operational and reporting efficiency will be part of your mandate.
- Drawing from external ideas, standard processes, and thought leadership on financial accounting and reconciliations, you will guide the team in shaping plans.
- As a key player in our transformation, you will drive the shift from contracting/interim support to more permanent, structured, growth-stage teams, actively participating in the planning, hiring, and road-mapping efforts.
- You will have the opportunity to build and lead a global team with diverse skill sets, supporting their ongoing development to unleash their potential in their respective roles.
- A professional finance qualification such as the ACA or equivalent, with significant post-qualification experience, and a practical understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in financial accounting, reporting, reconciliations, and controls, ideally gained within a listed environment or a large complex company.
- Experience in driving transformational projects from contracting/interim support to more permanent, structured, growth-stage teams, with involvement in planning, hiring, and road mapping.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 35883 Bruin are proud to be working with well-known brand in their search for a VAT & Finance Manager...
Ref: 35431 Bruin are proud to be working with a well known Retail Bank in their search for an MI...
Ref: 35624 Role Overview: Our client is looking for someone to join their team on a 12-Month Contract and help...