Leading International Bank seeking a Governance and Planning VP to join their Risk department in London
- Define and oversee implementation of risk management transversal process such as risk identification, risk appetite and ad-hoc analysis and stress test coordination across main risk stripes.
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Risk Management policy document suites.
- Work with other members of the 2LOD functions to coordinate and oversee annual refresh of the Risk Appetite Statement
- Carry out Enterprise Risk Reporting, working with the business and other 2LOD teams.
- Coordinate improvements to the UK entity’s risk identification and assessment framework and conduct periodic / ad-hoc risk identification and assessment campaigns.
- Provide secretarial support to Bank’s Enterprise-wide Risk Committee and/or Board Risk Committee.
- Provide Enterprise Risk input into other bank wide processes and initiatives (e.g. ICAAP, Pillar 3)
- Design and deliver the enterprise risk training programme in order to raise awareness and support the embedding of strong risk framework, governance and culture.
- Assume the 2nd line of defence function for other specific risk types (e.g. model risk) as required. Establish policies and 2LOD oversight over the 1st line of defence risk management activities and output.
- Provide secretarial support to the chair of New Product Approval Committee (NPAC).
- 10+ years relevant experience in a Risk environment within financial services.
- University degree. (business administration, finance, economics, accounting or related disciplines ideal)
- Proven experience of working with senior leadership to develop, implement and maintain risk management frameworks and transversal risk management practices.
- Solid understanding of Basel Accord and enterprise risk management in a banking environment as well as industry good practices relating to risk appetite, risk governance, 3LOD, risk profiling, stress test framework etc).
- Excellent overall understanding of risk management as discipline, and preferably with proven experience or knowledge in managing one or more risk stripes (e.g. Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk etc).
- Team player with excellent emotional intelligence, enjoys sharing information, works collaboratively. Ability to manage a small team
- Outstanding communication skills with strong writing proficiency and the ability to deliver compelling, well-structured presentations.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry. Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ref: 35896 Leading Wealth Manager seeking an Operational Risk & Assurance Manager to join their team in London. Key Responsibilities...
Ref: 35464 Leading Private Bank seeking a Risk Reporting & Analytics manager to join their growing team in London Key...
Ref: 35087 Reputable International Trading House in London seeking a Risk Analyst to join their growing team. Key Responsibilities...