Contact Nick White about this job
Find a Job
• Producing risk analysis and reports to be presented to risk committees, portfolio managers and governing bodies (i.e. board of directors, senior management, etc)
• Understanding and analysing the risk drivers impacting the portfolios
• Performing risk assessments of potential investments, identifying key risks and potential mitigating factors, in order to assess their overall impact on the portfolio.
• Actively participating in the due diligence process for new investments across different asset classes.
• Contributing with the risk management view to the company’s weekly investment meetings
• Responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of periodic reports to the CSSF and other national competent authorities
• Analyse, report and monitor operational risks; participating in the risk control self-assessment (RCSA) process.
• Oversight and monitoring of delegates and service providers
• Participate in the valuation process as an active member of the Valuation Committee: specific focus on illiquid assets, such as private equity, private debt and infrastructure.
• Assuring data quality in the risk management database.
• Participate in the periodic review of all risk policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with the company’s obligations under the AIFMD regulation.
• Identifying and assessing the impact of new regulations for the risk management function, performing gap analysis and planning implementation.
• Support the internal and external audit on risk management issues
• 3 to 5 years of experience in risk management roles within the asset management industry in Luxembourg, with significant exposure to private equity, infrastructure and other illiquid investment strategies.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written) with excellent presentation skills.
• Advanced degree in Economics/Finance
• Good knowledge of financial markets, investment theory and risk management models
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Advanced Ex
BRUIN recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ready to apply for this job?