Contact Simon Spencer about this job
VP, Head of Legal
Find a Job
Role Purpose and accountabilities:
Based in Jersey, Channel Islands working as a Legal Counsel in the Wealth and Personal Banking “WPM” business for a Leading Global Banking Group
· Provide support on a broad range of legal issues arising out of the WPB business.
· To be considered as a trusted adviser by ensuring that commercially sensitive and pragmatic legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner to the WPB business.
· Provide support and guidance to more senior lawyers in the Legal Team and assist in identification of legal risks and appropriate risk mitigation strategies. Governance and Committee Memberships
· Proactively provide high quality specialised legal and related regulatory advice and guidance and support to the WPB businesses.
· Assist in managing the relationships with panel law firms / external legal counsel and ensure such appointments deliver cost effective and practical advice.
Functional Knowledge and Experience
· Qualified Solicitor or Barrister 2-4 years PQE with a leading law firm or in-house
· Solid knowledge and experience of all aspects of retail banking and wealth and investment products.
· Experience of helping a retail wealth focussed business on designing and delivering wealth products.
BRUIN recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
Ready to apply for this job?