During the Interview
Interviews can be daunting for even the most experienced job seeker, below are some tips for basic interview dos and don’ts to help in your preparation.
- Introduce yourself courteously
- Arrive on time or earlier if possible
- Express yourself clearly
- Smile during the interview
- Show how your experience can benefit the company
- Ask questions concerning the company for which you are being interviewed for
- Construct your answers carefully
- Show willingness to learn and progress
- Be assertive without being aggressive
- Switch your mobile off during the interview!
- Prepare 10 relevant questions, you’ll probably cover 5 in the interview
- Don’t be late for the interview
- Don’t be unprepared for the interview
- Don’t answer questions with a “Yes” or “No”. Expand whenever possible
- Don’t lie. Answer all questions truthfully and honestly
- Don’t overemphasise money. Do not discuss salary in the 1st interview unless they do; getting the job at this stage is the main priority – salary negotiations will follow
- Don’t say negative things about previous employers
- Don’t show lack of career planning
For every responsibility/requirement on the job specification, ensure you have at least one example of an experience or a transferable skill that covers that requirement for the interview.
Need more information? Contact us online using the information here or just call us on 020 3145 3333