10 Questions with Employee of the Month
Each month the whole company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
This month we’re sitting down for 10 quick fire questions with February’s winner William Brown, who as well as one of our Consultants, is a former Choir Boy, budding Instagram influencer, and Disney fan.
1. Which team and office do you work in? I work on the Permanent Compliance Desk in London.
2. How would you describe your job to a 10 year old? I do my best to find people a job that they love and get paid as much as possible to do it.
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you? I have no claims to fame… But I was an angelic choir singer in my younger years. I even went on to be Choral Prefect for my sins.
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 months. Being considered for employee of the month was certainly a highlight.
5. If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be? The temperature of the air conditioning in the office. Cold is good, warmth brings tension in the ranks and no one likes tension
6. What advice would you give to a new joiner? Make sure you join early enough to get on the annual trip, Barbados was a real hoot.
7. What’s your current favourite app? I’m a huge fan of Instagram – There is nothing better than a picture to tell a story. Period. Instagram introduces itself as a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your iPhone, choose a filter to transform the look and feel, send to Facebook, Twitter or Flickr – it’s all as easy as pie. It’s photo sharing, reinvented.
8. What’s your favourite line from a film? ‘Everything the light touches is our Kingdom.’ Lion King: Mufasa (1994).
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? The movie The Greatest Showman, I can’t explain why but that film gets me on so many levels.
10. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be? It would probably have to be Anthony Joshua, no explanation needed for that one.