10 Questions with Employee of the Month
Each month the whole company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
This month we’re sitting down for 10 quick fire questions with July’s winner Amy Brown, who as well as being one of our Consultants, has sung on stage at Wembley and dreams of taking on a regal role.
1. Which team and office do you work in? Risk team, London office.
2. How would you describe your job to a 10 year old? It’s my job to help grown ups find their dream jobs.
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you? Oddly, one time I sang “Is this the way to Amarillo” with Tony Christie on stage at Wembley stadium after winning some sort of competition… I can’t seem to remember what that competition was but I am pretty sure my Mother must have entered it for me… .
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 months. Expanding out our European recruitment here on the Risk desk and getting to go out to Luxembourg to meet my clients and candidates.
5. If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be? Less treats around the desk! I have absolutely no will power and I am definitely putting on the pounds.
6. What advice would you give to a new joiner? Don’t be afraid to ask for help, the more you ask the more you’ll learn and develop.
7. What’s your current favourite app? Pinterest – I am in the process of moving house and I like to use the app for decorating inspiration. (Quite sad I know.)
8. What’s your favourite line from a film? “I carried a watermelon” – Dirty Dancing
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? Halloumi Cheese, I can cook and eat a whole pack of that to myself easily… Not that I ever do…very often.
10. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be? The thespian in me would say Vanessa Kirby who plays Princess Margaret in the Crown. An amazing actress and a role I would love to have a go at playing.